Rotary International and the Rotary Club of Belconnen are not-for-profit community service organisations. All of their members and helpers are volunteers.
Every person who enters the area in which this Rotary market is being conducted
- agrees as a condition of entry, that to the fullest extent legally possible, Rotary International and the Rotary Club of Belconnen, its board members, directors, members and helpers are absolved from all liability (however arising) for death, personal injury, damage to property, economic loss and any other loss or damage which arises out of or in connection with the person’s entry due to any negligent act or omission, breach of duty, default or omission on the part of Rotary International or the Rotary Club of Belconnen, its board members, directors, members and helpers;
- under the terms of its permit from the ACT Government for the Trash & Treasure Market the Rotary Club of Belconnen is required to have public liability insurance. However, that policy covers only incidents for which Rotary is responsible and vendors are required to insure against their individual liability;;
- acknowledges that they are only allowed to enter on the distinct understanding that they do so at their own risk, having read and understood the conditions above; and
- acknowledges that to the fullest extent legally possible:
(1) the exclusion of Rotary’s liability applies to losses caused or contributed to by any of the following: the state of the premises where this market is conducted; anything brought into the market by any other person, including stall holders; animals or birds; motor vehicle accidents; misrepresentation; negligence; breach of contract; breach of any statute, regulation or by-law; defective goods; defect in title to goods and any other legal, equitable or statutory basis for liability; and
(2) the exclusion of Rotary’s liability applies to all kinds of damages, including general damages, special damages, loss of earnings and loss or earning capacity.